Wednesday, July 20, 2005

This just in

So I had my orientation today. As usual, many forms to fill out and sign. Got the once over of the store and met some people, including the store manager. Instead of doing side by side training, they have this thing called e-learning. As the name suggests, you do it online. After this is completed, then you go on the floor and learn some more. There were 2 other guys that were in the same orientation as myself. One will be working in hardware, the other in sports-seasonal. With myself being on cash, I sort of have to know a little bit about everything.
Once the guys complete their e-learning, then they report to their manager and go from there. Same goes for me, but once again, being on cash, there are alot more things that I need to know. How to work the POS system, where to cash out and all that good stuff.
I got my Canadian Tire (hereafter known as CT) shirt, in addition to my notepad, 2 pens, a set of keys and I should get a name tag soon.
I was allowed to schedule my own e-learning time (which is a total of 15 hours) so I'll be doing that next week. I wanted to get that asap so that I can start working asap. Atleast I'll be getting paid for the time that I come in for the e-learning. I could do it at home but I won't be paid for the time.
So thankfully, things are moving along. Once I get past all the formalities, I'll get into the flow of working and I'll feel much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home