Tuesday, July 19, 2005

EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!

Well as I mentioned yesterday I had the interview with Canadian Tire and it went well. I wasn't really expecting to hear anything from them any time soon, if at all. So I'm around the house today, pulling things out and trying to get myself organized for China and the phone rings. It's Canadian Tire and they want to offer me a job. The way she figured (which is what I thought as well) it is better to hire me now so that I'm in the flow of working so that when the kids go back to school, I'm fully versed in the company and I could just continue working as normal and they don't have to scramble to hire and train me. This makes much sense.
So I go in tomorrow for orientation and I guess then I'll get my schedule.
So I'm back to work. I've reached the light at the end of the tunnel and the sun is shining. The dark clouds are gone and things are finally looking up. Thank you to all who have supported me and have tried to keep my spirits up. I know I have been unbearably down but thanks for sticking.

On the flip side of the coin, there is an agency called abroadchina.org and you can post an online resume and schools that visit the site can contact you for interviews etc. I contacted a company that has schools all over Hubei province in China and they currently have 46 openings for teachers in that area.
They have already contacted me for consideration and asked me to send some info to them in addition to my ideas on how I plan on teaching and stuff. So that has been sent off and I hope to hear something from someone soon. Even though I've applied through this site I'd still prefer to go through the placement service that Oxford offers. Atleast then I have full confidence in them and know that if there is ever a problem (which isn't anticipated) I can call Oxford for help.

So that's the big news.

Well as usual, I'll keep you posted

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home