Saturday, July 09, 2005

My trip to New Orleans part 1

That there in the distance is downtown New Orleans. Sorry the pic is taken from the bus but when you are on the Mississippi bridge, there's nowhere to stop to take a pic and that's the only place you could get a shot like this. The business district of New Orleans is not that big and the buildings are not very tall. I suppose the reason is that the city is below sea level, so they can't dig very deep to give a sky scraper a solid foundation.
This is me on the banks of the Mississippi river. The boat behind me is called the Natchez. It is the oldest and only steamboat in New Orleans or the country I think. It also has a pipe organ that when played can be heard for miles. It was playing while we were in the french quarter (4-5 blocks away) and we swore that there were speakers in town that was playing the music. It sounded that close and almost felt like surround sound. It wasn't till we got to the riverbank, we saw that the pipe organ was being played. It was really amazing!
This is the bridge that crosses Lake Pontchartrain. It is the longest bridge in the world actually. There are some points where it feels like you are actually driving on water. When we were first getting into New Orleans city it was raining and at that time, with the bridge being wet, it really seemed like driving on water. There are also parts of the bridge that are raised to allow boats to pass underneath and that is a little scary. As you can see on the right, the railing (or whatever you want to call it) is not very high, maybe 3 feet or so. But it is truly an awesome view.
Well, visiting New Orleans we had to go to Emeril's restaurant. In fact it was one of our biggest motivators. I'm a big fan of his, so I had to go there. If you're wondering, my mom isn't wearing anything on her head, that's part of the decoration on the door behind us. The restaurant was very well decorated and they were extremely professional and very customer motivated. The service was top notch and the food was above excellent. I had the duck and that was some good meat. I've seen him actually do the receipe for the duck on his show, I had no idea it would taste that amazing. I just let the meat slide down my throat hole and it was fucking awesome!
PS, don't I look kinda sexy?
Once again, another pic of downtown taken from the car. I thought it was so beautiful to see the sunset through the buildings, so I had to take the shot and now I'm sharing it with you.

Tomorrow, my trip to New Orleans, part 2.

Yes, there is more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home