Thursday, July 07, 2005

The damage is done

Ok, so I've done it.
I have sent in my resume, cover letter and picture to the placement service. So the next thing will be to hear back from them on a location that they have found for me. Just a few more steps away.
I feel anxious, nervous and excited. This is the complete opposite of me and what I do. Anyway, I hope that when I return, I come back a better me. A more informed me and a more experienced me. I have a friend in Japan right now and I can see absolute growth in him. Right now he's getting ready to come back and 'wow' the stories he'll be telling. I look at him and think "that's gonna be me in a year or so". It is a very exciting time.
So hopefully soon I'll be telling you about my placement, the contract I signed and soon after that I'll be telling you about my plane ride and then what I'm actually doing in China.
I've planned for long for this and it almost seems to be happening so quickly. I finished the class in a blink of an eye. I have the placement service working for me now. Actually I could look on my own but why bother if someone else is doing it, especially if they are doing it for free. If, and only if, they take a long time or it looks like they may not get something then I'll look on my own but hopefully it doesn't get to that point.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I still haven't heard anything from any Wendy's. The girl who seemed to be so helpful at the other Wendy's turned out to not be helpful at all. She told me to call her the next day and she would call the manager from the other store and then call me right back.
That was day before yesterday.
I waited.
I'm still waiting.
Anyway, I went to the location she was talking about yesterday, introduced myself and told the manager what I could do for them. She took my info but I ain't gonna hold my breath.
I'm gonna try two other Wendy's locations and if I still come up empty handed then I'll have to resort to something else. I don't know what yet but I will, as usual, keep you informed.
TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home