Monday, May 02, 2005

Making some progress

A lot of you wouldn't be aware of the computer situation in my house right now but here is the summary. When I moved into my mom's house she only had the one PC, desktop of course. It was a used computer but it worked. Then it had some problems, it got a virus and we had to shut it down for a while before we could got it repaired. I needed a laptop because I needed my own computer plus I needed the laptop for me to use when I get to China (to make lesson plans and all that). Now my mom is not too skippy on the idea of the desktop being in the basement, where I stay. Which is good because it shows that she doesn't want to invade my space. She decides that she want to get a laptop of her own (a used one) so that she can feel free to surf etc upstairs and have her own space and stuff. Anyway, since my laptop purchase and her laptop purchase and the repair of the desktop, I have been staring at a computer screen for 5 days straight. I gotta admit, I'm exhausted. I've been setting up her laptop plus getting my laptop set up. Plus I want to keep you guys entertained with pics and stuff but I gotta upload printer/scanner software and all that jazz. These things take time and energy. I still don't have the desktop set up fully yet but I was able to convince my mom to start the set up, ie. plug in all the necessary ports and the computer to ensure that it is virus free but I still have to upload the software for her internet access. That is going to be an all day affair. I was finally able to get my stuff uploaded in my laptop so that I can scan pics but I'm so exhausted I don't even think I can do that today. Plus I still have to connect the modem and upload the software for my mom's laptop. So to make a long story even longer, I should have some pics on this site by tomorrow. You just have to bare with me a little longer. Sorry for burdening you with this but sometimes you just gotta vent, you know?
TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home